Lost Beautiful Fur Baby Kitty On June 19th, 2017

2 posters

Go down

Lost Beautiful Fur Baby Kitty On June 19th, 2017 Empty Lost Beautiful Fur Baby Kitty On June 19th, 2017

Post by HeartBrokenFurBabyLover Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:57 pm

Her name was Myrtle. She was 13-14 years old and a major part of our lives. 3 weeks ago she was healthy and running around and then she suddenly started losing weight and became weaker. She was diagnosed with renal failure, a 3 cm mass in her abdomen, and on the day she died anemia. My family and I were fighting for her with all our might. We had gotten her kidney values down after 3 days of fluid treatments and antibiotics and appetite stimulants in a hospital. We were given sub Q fluids to give to her at home. She seemed to be feeling better, but then on the day she died she started walking even worse then before going sideways and bumping into the walls and bed. So we took her to see another vet who told us that we should take her in for another 24 hours of fluid treatment and antibiotics to bring her values down more and set up for a ultrasound for the next day, but that wasn't meant to be. Her becoming anemic is what killed her. We had taken her into the vet the day she passed away for the other 24 hours of fluid and antibiotics. We had so much hope for her making it through this. We gave her loves and kisses and told her we would be back for her. We were on our way home when we got the call. They had been getting her ready for the I.V fluids when all of a sudden she started gasping and then went into cardiac arrest. They rushed her back to the operation room and put an oxygen mask on her and tried to resuscitate her, but they couldn't and she left this world with a bunch of technicians and vets petting her and loving on her. My family and I did not get to say good bye. It hurts so much. I miss her so much. I feel so guilty for not being there and for not being able to save her, for not noticing her pain sooner.

HeartBrokenFurBabyLover

Back to top Go down

Lost Beautiful Fur Baby Kitty On June 19th, 2017 Empty Re: Lost Beautiful Fur Baby Kitty On June 19th, 2017

Post by eproe71 Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:04 am

I am sorry for your loss.
I also just lost my best friend of 16 years. Tootsie was battling cancer for the last 3 years. i had 3 surgeries performed on her to extend her life. She could never fully recover. This past week she deteriorated so quickly, I had to put her down to ease her suffering.
It sounds like your Myrtle had a wonderful life with you. Our pets never out live us. We can only give them the best home for the time they are here. There was really nothing else you could have done. The doctors did everything they could do.

I hope time helps us find peace.

Ed
eproe71
eproe71

Back to top Go down