Missing my Lucky

2 posters

Go down

Missing my Lucky Empty Missing my Lucky

Post by Tammys Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:33 am

On July 8 this year we had to put our 12 year golden Lucky to sleep. I cry every day for him. I miss and love him so much. Does it get any easier. I am having really a hard time coping with this. He was always with me.

Tammys

Back to top Go down

Missing my Lucky Empty Re: Missing my Lucky

Post by Terry Oh Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:34 am

Hi Tammy. I am new to this forum and saw that you had no responses to your message you posted in August. I had to say goodbye to my dog on Friday and I can not believe the feeling of loss that surrounds me. I was just wondering if it has gotten any easier for you since Lucky passed in July?

Terry Oh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammys Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 pm

It does get a little easier. I have my good day and bad days. Especially if I see another golden retriever that was the same color as him. We have his ashes here at home because when I pass he will be buried with me. I have had some interesting things going on with him. One night I was watching TV I felt him jump on my bed. And lay by me. He is always with me. He does that when I am sitting on the couch also. I have been hearing him breathing and feeling it. Another night I was crying so bad for him .when I was taking a shower. I had a very strong sense before opening the door that he was there. And sure enough he was there I took a couple of pictures and it was him. He was like that when he was alive always with me. And still with me and always will be. Him and I had a very strong and loving bond. That's what made it so hard. Some nights I don't sleep good and I can hear him walk around. The morning after we had to put him to sleep . I was a mess and crying all of a sudden I heard our front door open. He used to do that when he was alive. He knew how to push it open with his head.

Tammys

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Oh Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:28 am

It sounds as if Lucky generated a great deal of energy in your home and it still surrounds you. It is an awful feeling of emptiness and takes a while just to accept it. My Zowy passed last Friday. It is all so very raw for me right now. I think I am still in the denial phase, I actually thought I might still be in a dream because nothing seemed to be real. I went thru 2 days of just sobbing and today (day 3) I just seem to be numb. There has been no tears today, they just won't come. Its as if I am all teared-out. And now there is 'nothing' feeling left. My daughter, who is 22 now, was 6 when I adopted Zowy as a new born puppy. She has flown from another state to come view Zowy tomorrow. That will be a difficult day, but perhaps one that is needed for some closure of sorts. I have never experienced anything like this before and feel so grateful that there are these sites and Facebook sites available to read of other peoples grief so that none of us feel we are going thru our own alone. Thank you for sharing that story. I do hope it gets a little easier each day for you. My journey is only just starting I feel.

Terry Oh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammys Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:16 am

That is true lucky was a sweet gentle loyal loving dog. I feel like our love for each other will always be eternal. The first few days I was in shock in the loss of lucky. I had a very hard time going past the dog food isle and still do. What really made me angry is a texted my sister about him and she said sorry go get another dog. I won't be ready for another dog in a long time

Tammys

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammys Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 am

Sorry to hear of your loss of Zowy just look for signs of her and be open minded she will come to you. Before lucky came back to me I had a dream that he was healthy and doing good. I prayed to god that he would send lucky back to me and he did god bless you during this difficult time

Tammys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum