Loss of my best friend

Go down

Loss of my best friend

Post by Andyo12 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi everyone, today my 18yr old dog, Ivy, passed away. She was suffering from kidney failure and we were battling it for the last few weeks. Though the vet gave up hope, I continued to pray and believe she could make it. I cannot describe the emotional pain and feeling of loss I’m experiencing right now. She had a truly beautiful soul. A few months ago I had a herniated disc which had me lying on a mat on the living room floor. Getting up from the floor had me in intense pain, however Ivy would see this and literally stand beside me to support me as I got up. She was my joy and comfort for so many years that I am feeling a sense of deep loss without her. I keep listening for her footsteps and looking for her to pass by. Everyone keeps telling me her time had come due to her age and I should understand this and feel comforted, but I don’t. Can anyone help me with dealing with this grief?

Thank you, Andy

Andyo12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loss of my best friend

Post by eproe71 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:40 pm

Andy,
I am sorry for your loss. I also just lost my 16 yr old dog, Tootsie to cancer and old age. I understand what you're going through. Sometimes I get up to let her out- only to realize she is no longer there. I am missing her dearly.
18 years is a lifetime! You must have done a great job taking care of her. When we own a pet, it is almost always temporary, as they will never out live us. Our pets are just passing through our lives, providing friendship and memories...
I find it helps me to close my eyes and look up to the sun. Sometimes I can feel her presence and everything seems okay.

I hope you find peace.

Ed
eproe71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyo12 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:55 am

Dear Ed,
I am also sorry for your loss. Having been a part of our lives for so long makes it difficult to give up habits we came to love. Thank you for your advice. I find myself looking up to the evening sky to find peace she is in a better place. I hope you find strength and peace as well.
Andy

Andyo12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down