Lost my Sweet cat Sprite

3 posters

Go down

Lost my Sweet cat Sprite Empty Lost my Sweet cat Sprite

Post by PhyllisL Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:33 pm

On Oct 26th 2018 I had to say goodbye to my sweet Rag doll cat due to Kidney Failure. He was my pride and joy, he kept me happy watching him play and all his snuggles. He was a very loving cat and knew when Mama was sad or sick. He'd come lay down or sit beside me to give me comfort. My other cats Frisky and Precious had previously passed away years ago, and I'm sure Sprite missed them also. as I do up to this day. Sprite was one lucky little boy. My daughter found him behind a coke machine with a hole in his side, took him to the Vet had him checked out and had the Vet repair his side. She kept him for a while and as he grew she was unable to keep him due to running a Catering business out of her house, so asked me if I'd like him. I didn't even hesitate and said yes.

They said I could change his name if I wanted but I kept it as it was since they found him behind a Coke a cola machine at a gas station. I have loved that little boy since they placed him in my arms, and now after 14 years he's gone.My arms are empty and I have a broken heart. Every where I look I think of Sprite and it's hard to go through out the day without having tears running down my face. He is now over the Rainbow Bridge playing with his brother and sister. He's no longer in pain or suffering from dehydration from not getting enough water even though I bought the fluids from the vets to have them give him. The Vet was going to try some medication to keep him alive, but I asked her if it would only prolong his illness. She said yes. It was a hard decision on my part to let him go so he wouldn't have to suffer. I will always miss him and I constantly think of him every day. I love you my sweet baby. It's hard to go through each day not having him walk front of me and suddenly lay down as I take another step. Or greet me at the door when i came home from the store.

Since I have Chronic Arthritis and it's hard to do things anymore, I probably won't be getting another cat, even though my heart is breaking to have one. RIP honey.

PhyllisL

Back to top Go down

Lost my Sweet cat Sprite Empty Re: Lost my Sweet cat Sprite

Post by Susie bear Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Dear Phyllis,
I am so sorry for your loss of Sprite. I can understand your pain having lost my Susie Bear, a 9 year old Chow Chow on November 10. She got sick and passed from cardiac arrest in three days. The doctors still don’t know what happened. My heart is broken into pieces and I don’t know if I’ll ever heal from this.

You and your baby Sprite are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marcia

Susie bear

Back to top Go down

Lost my Sweet cat Sprite Empty Your Sweet Susie Bear

Post by PhyllisL Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Dear Marcia,
I am sorry  for your loss of your sweet Susie Bear. My heart goes out to you with your sorrow and pain your going through. I understand completely about your heart broken in pieces since mine is in the same condition. It is so hard to lose your furry babies. Most people understand the pain we go through. This one friend from when I was in High School said to me " It happens." And she's one of my best friends. Some people can be so heartless. They say you go through 5 grieving stages, it seems I'm going through them all at once.

If you need a shoulder to cry on your welcome to use mine, and if you need hugs for comfort, I'm here for that too. I love animals of all kinds. It breaks my heart each time I hear one is passing away.

I cried so hard today that my mid section hurts. I'm sending  Prayers for strength to get you through this and lots of hugs for comfort

Phyllis

Last edited by PhyllisL on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for got to sign my name)

PhyllisL

Back to top Go down

Post by Susie bear Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:33 am

Hi Phyllis,
Grief is such a hard thing to deal with. They say it’s the price of love, but it seems too high a price to pay.
My husband died years ago and Susie Bear’s death caused the same kind of grief. It’s almost like being punched in the stomach. Sometimes it’s hard to take a breath. Friends have been supportive but they have their own life to live so I carry the
burden by myself. Thank you for offering a shoulder to cry on. It means a lot. Be kind to yourself and remember all the good times with your baby. And prayers for you for strength and many hugs.

Marcia

Susie bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bustersmom Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi Phyllis, and Marcia
I am so sorry for both of your losses and totally understand when you said it feels like someone punched you in the gut. It seems to be a constant ache that you just cant shake. I had to put my 12 year old Pug Buster down on MOnday and it was unexpected. I have not stopped crying yet. It comes in gut wrenching waves. It does help to talk to people who understand what you are going through and that is why i found this site. Hoping it gets easier over time but i dont see how it will ever be the same Sad
Shari
Bustersmom
Bustersmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Susie bear Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi Shari,
So sorry for the loss of your precious Buster.. it is a shock, and a punch in the gut that stays with you. I still cry every day and it been almost three weeks since I lost my little girl. What I do now is just breathe, not pushing myself, just taking it easy. I lost my husband 16 years ago and the grief is the same. A loss of someone or something you love is so hard. Just take your time and pay attention to how you feel. Buster was loved by you and being sad for him is a tribute to that love.

Many hugs,

Marcia

Susie bear

Back to top Go down

Lost my Sweet cat Sprite Empty Your Sweet Buster

Post by PhyllisL Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi Shari,
I am so sorry of the loss of your precious Buster. It is so hard to lose our furry babies whom we've loved for years and years. It does feel like you've been punched in the gut. You hurt all over especially in your heart. My prayers are coming for strength and sending hugs too. I still cry over Sprite every night especially when he'd always stand by the bed waiting for me to pick him up( he was very spoiled) and placed him on the blanket. I would tell him to go over to his side of the bed and he would lay down and when I got in bed he'd cuddle up next to me. I miss that so much I'm surprise I haven't flooded my bedroom with tears. I miss his warm body next to mine. He was also my alarm clock in the morning for his breakfast tapping his paw on my cheek to wake me up. I have cried so hard that my ribs started hurting. I had three cats at one time. I brought Precious and Frisky over to AL on the plane since I was relocating from WA ST. It is so much cheaper to live here. Precious died first from Kidney failure at the age of 7 1/2 in 2009. That tore me up also, Crying up a storm you might say. Then in 2017 Frisky died from Liver disease  at the age of 15 and the same kind of crying. He was my Big Boy. He really loved his mama. In fact, I was not feeling well one day and as I laid in bed Frisky came up and laid on my abdomen. I was so sick, and I didn't know why. He kept laying on my abdomen. Then I got to thinking, I called my friend and she took me to the doctor. I had a UTI infection and he knew something was wrong with his mama. Then Sprite passed in 2018 at the age of 13. I am so tired of losing my sweet babies. Every time it seems to get harder.

They say that crying is good healing when you lose a loved one. I'm not sure of that, I sometimes think I'm going to run out of tears. I agree what Marcia says. And don't worry if it takes 5 years to mourn for your sweet Buster do so. Don't be ashamed, and Don't let anyone tell you how to mourn or how long to mourn. I had someone say to me " It's just a cat." She got my anger up in a hurry. I don't talk to her anymore. It's been all these years and I still cry over all my furry babies.  

If you need a shoulder to cry on please feel free to use mine, we can cry together, and Marcia included. I love animals of all kinds. Sending you lots of ((((((((( Hugs for comforting))))))))))

Phyllis

PhyllisL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down