How to deal with feeling guilty?

2 posters

Go down

How to deal with feeling guilty? Empty How to deal with feeling guilty?

Post by panpan Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 am

I lost my beloved mix pitbull & labrador two days ago. He was a good boy... Sad I miss him so much. I took him to a vet every 4 months for physical exam. Until now i can't believe how come the vet didn't find out that he had prostate cancer. I took him to a different vet when he passed out and the vet told me he had prostate cancer that already spread to his lung, and he passed away on the very same day. I am still angry until today how come the other vet didn't find out sooner??? Sad Sad Sad now i can't forgive myself for what happening to him. I miss him like crazy. My house feel empty without him. he was part of my daily activities, since i lost him my chest hurt, i can't sleep and eat. until today i still call him when it's time for his meal. I think i am going crazy i keep calling his name outloud like he is with me. Please if anyone can give me suggestion how to relieve my grief. I have a lot of things to say but i can't continue, my tears keep coming out while i am typing. I can't bear the thought of losing him, he is like a son to me and he always be my son. I feel like i don't want to live anymore...Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

panpan

Back to top Go down

How to deal with feeling guilty? Empty Re: How to deal with feeling guilty?

Post by Luka's Chili Pepper Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:30 am

Dear panpan. I understand how you feel. The hurt proves the love for your dog. He must have had a great life! Maybe that idea is a small comfort. Prostate cancer is very hard to find because it hardly gives any symptoms until it is spread, so usually when they find it, it is already spread. Also there are not many options for treatment and they offer not much prolonging of life. For your dog, under the circumstances, it is good that he didn't have to suffer long. For you it is off course a big shock. Give yourself time to grief. Seek for support with people who understand, maybe make a photobook of your dog or choose a beautifull picture to hang on the wall. Remember his life and the happy days. They were what mattered to him. Right now he rests. He had a good life. Lots if strenght. LCP

Luka's Chili Pepper

Back to top Go down