Jack - our beautiful boy

2 posters

Go down

Jack - our beautiful boy Empty Jack - our beautiful boy

Post by Jack1 Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi - I am new to this site. We lost our beautiful black lab Jack on Friday 27th December 2013. He was 9 years, 3 Months and 2 days old, and we had had him from an 8 week old puppy. We lost him to Splenic Cancer which had spread to his liver and intestines. There was nothing the vet could do, so we had to make the painful decision to say Goodbye. We love and miss him so very much. He was our very special boy who we love with all our hearts and are absolutely devastated. We knew this day would come, but it came sooner than we ever thought, many tears have been shed, many photos surround us, but nothing to fill the huge Jack shaped void in our home and hearts. He is back home with us, and strange as it sounds sitting on his sofa, with his Christmas Reindeer that we were so lucky to see him open on Christmas day with a waggy tail.

I have even written him a letter sharing our memories with our gorgeous boy, all so very raw at the moment, but we have been surrounded by such kind words from our family and friends, such warmth and understanding, it has been overwhelming.

Today is a better day, yesterday was not, I know it will take time, but just wanted to pay tribute to our special boy, run free Jack, be happy and know that we love you and always will xxxx

Jack1

Back to top Go down

Jack - our beautiful boy Empty I feel your pain

Post by Woody's Ohio Mom Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:30 am

We too lost a beautiful boy (Woody) to metastatic adenocarcinoma of the liver/spleen/pancreas.
We got 33 days to say goodbye. I am grateful for this time, for most dogs only get 12 days (according to the literature that I have read). Our boy was 9 years; 3 months; 24 days. He was the best dog ever. Should we ever get another dog (I also read that you should wait at least 6 months), I will be taking more videos; pictures; and spending more time in dog parks and car rides.

Please write back and telling me how you are doing 3 years later....

Woody's Ohio Mom

Back to top Go down